NEW SUSTAINABLE SOLUTION
FOR FLEXIBLE PACKAGING
BASED ON WATER-SOLUBLE MATERIALS
Concept «WatPac» is based on the usage of a functional water-soluble layer.
The packaging materials that manufactured under «WatPac»’s brand are RECYCLABLE, RE-PULPABLE, NON-TOXIC and MARINE SAFE. They are capable of being processed in all standard waste streams. In addition they are food safe and approved for a direct food contact.
This packaging is really suits for the Circular Economy - the main trend and EU requirements for closed raw material loop.
These materials already were successful in industrial trials for their RECYCLABILITY and BIODEGRADATION using standard recycling processes and equipment:
- with paper;
- with polymers;
- in wastewater;
- in compost.
Not ranked as harmful by EC Regulation 1272/2008 (CLP).
Included in the list of permitted food additives by Regulation (EC) No. 1333/2008 and of the Council on food additives (Е-1203).
- High bi-axial strength and puncture resistance (approximately two and a half times as strong as high density PE film by equivalent weight).
- Direct food contact approved.
- Barrier to most solvents, petrochemical, grease and oil.
- Good oxygen barrier (0,1-0,9 cm³/m²/day on humidity 0%-50% for 25mkm film).
- MVTR – (12 g/m²/day on humidity 0% for 25mkm film).
- Capable of significantly extending the shelf life of certain foods due to its barrier properties and hydrophilic nature.
- Extrusion laminates do not have adhesive layers, so the material is easier to process and to recycle as there are no risks of degeneration of substances due the adhesive.
- The material has low values of haze.
- Sealing at the level of PE materials with higher toughness.
- Resistant to UV and not static.
- Easily recycled on paper mills by repulpation. Water solubility allow recycling in some special waste streams, such as paperboard re-pulping. Can be hot washed out and recovered or left.
- When it dissolved in pulp it is safely to environment and to the process. Water solubility allows easy separation of the material and its recovery from the general waste stream.
- Biodegradable, compostable, marine- and fresh- water safe.
- Subject to biological composting in an anaerobic environment.
- Water solution from used packaging well established as being inherently safe and non-toxic in the environment. It breaks down harmlessly into biomass, CO2 and water and the left fragments are ‘bioassimilated’.
- In the sea it will sink (film has density of 1.2), soften and break down completely over time.
- Toxicity tests water soluble materials show that it is marine biodegradable and marine safe to all regulated test fauna
AS A MONO MATERIAL OR FILM:
- Group packing
- Individual packing
- Window film for
- cardboard boxes
- sandwich boxing
- gift boxes
- boxes for confectionery
- Semi-finished product for the manufacture of disposable gloves, gowns, etc.
- Water-soluble packaging for single doses of detergents, fertilizers and other chemicals
AS A PART OF LAMINATE
- Packaging for confectionery products:
- Chocolate bars
- Group packing for bulk products
- Wrapping packaging
- Packing for dry pet food
- Packing for Groceries:
- And other
- Packing for snacks
- Frozen foods
- Bakery products